WordPress SEO Tools
There will be many product creators telling you that their WordPress SEO tools or plugins are the best, and they will enhance your SEO score in your website. Sometimes, these software can cost up to US$97 or even more, for a single plugin. Did we mention before that the best things in life are free? WordPress has SEO tools that do as good as the paid ones that you see in the internet market. So unless there is a huge improvement in the plugins or tools that we are going to show you, don’t bother spending your hard-earned money. In fact, start earning the moolah!
As usual, just before you dive in and download any plugins in wordpress, be sure to check for four things. Firstly, compatibility with YOUR WordPress version. As of this writing, the latest is Wordpress Version 4.1.1 so make sure it is compatible up to the latest version or at least your version. The best is to be compatible with the latest version just in case you want to upgrade your version of WordPress any time soon. Second, when the plugin was last updated (preferred to be at least one month ago). Third, how many downloads so far – quite safe it is beyond 1,000,000 downloads. Fourth, click on ‘more details’ and check the average ratings. See what you like in there – don’t be too particular on the bad ratings though. If all four parameters are good and match all the preferred options, go ahead and download the plugins. Also, be sure to backup your data before you download or upgrade any plugins in WordPress. 🙂
1. All in one SEO
All in One SEO Pack Optimizes your WordPress blog for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- XML Sitemap support – submit your sitemap to Google and Bing and improve your SEO
- Google Analytics support
- Support for SEO on Custom Post Types
- Advanced Canonical URLs
- Fine tune Page Navigational Links
- Built-in API so other plugins/themes can access and extend functionality
- ONLY plugin to provide SEO Integration for WP e-Commerce sites
- Nonce Security built into All in One SEO Pack
- Support for CMS-style WordPress installations
- Automatically optimizes your titles for Google and other search engines
- Generates META tags automatically
- Avoids the typical duplicate content found on WordPress blogs
- For beginners, you don’t even have to look at the options, it works out-of-the-box. Just install.
- For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything to optimize your SEO
- You can override any title and set any META description and any META keywords you want.
- Compatibility with many other plugins
All right, we copied this wholesale from the description section of the plugin but what we want to highlight are the two underlined and bold sentences above. It just works out-of-the-box for beginners, plug and play! For advanced users, you can fine-tune everything. So, what are you waiting for?
2. Yoast WordPress SEO
- Bug Reports
- Write better content with WordPress SEO
- Page Analysis
- Technical WordPress Search Engine Optimization
- Meta & Link Elements
- XML Sitemaps
- RSS Optimization
- Edit your .htaccess and robots.txt file
- Social Integration
- Multi-Site Compatible – Ability to transfer SEO settings from one site to another
- Import & Export functionality for SEO settings
- Import functionality for other or uninstalled WordPress SEO plugins – import titles, meta, etc. from used SEO WordPress Plugins
- WordPress SEO Plugin in your Language!
Pretty much the same really. You can use your test site or your working site to download the plugins first and see which layout (when working on a page or post) you are more comfortable with. If you want to keep it simple and nice on your dashboard when working on a post, we will recommend Yoast WordPress SEO plugin. For more comprehensive and a fuller look when you post something, go for All in One SEO plugin.
Just one word of advice. SEO tools, especially the WordPress may pose some challenges some times, such that your website might get affected. Just stay calm, address the issue (most of the time, it has to do with updating the SEO plugin), clear your website’s cache. The problem should be gone when you visit your website again.
(One more thing to note, there are security vulnerabilities sometimes coming from these WordPress Plugins. We will try to recommend those which don’t have these vulnerabilities. Remember to update to the latest versions of these plugins asap so that your website will get protection from the vulnerabilities that exist.)